Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Happy Birthday!!!


Two months old today, and getting older by the minute.  Today, mom took you to your pediatrician and got you vaccinations for your birthday!  I told her we should get you some toys or something fun, but she was pretty adamant that you should celebrate by getting stabbed with a needle until you screamed at the top of your lungs!  I told your mom they they must have been tears of joy for such a thoughtful birthday present, and I suggested that we get you a drink to calm you down after such a rough day...

Also at the doctor, we found out that you currently weigh 13 lbs 8 oz. and are 23 inches long.  Definitely large for your age, but nothing to write guinness about.  The doctor did say that you were in the 99.9999th percentile for hair growth, which is weird.  Mom took you out for your first haircut after the doctor, and personally, I think you are lookin pretty good!!!!!

In all seriousness, you did get your vaccinations today, but you have been taking it pretty well.  You are a little more cranky then normal, but it is not as bad as some of the horror stories we have heard about getting your shots.  Your mom and I are really settling into our roles, and we are pretty good at keeping you calm when you start to get moody.  My swaddling technique is still coming in handy, and I have also added the ability to put you to sleep pretty quickly once you are in full swaddle.

I leave for Seattle tomorrow morning (in the middle of the "worst storm in 70 years").  If I do get to fly out tomorrow, I will be gone for three days, returning Thursday night.  Mom will likely  ave you spend some quality time with Grandpa and Busha Mueller.  I will be back Thursday, and we will get you prepped for Halloween on Friday.

I will miss you when I am gone, and I hope you behave for your mom and your grandparents.

Till the next week...

Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment